EPIC electronic query systems

Hi,

I have worked with EPIC before with a system that had the query as an incomplete note and providers could access it in an incomplete notes tab. It was helpful to their flow in not having to go into hospital completion basket- but just to notice questions as they were charting. Any provider could answer. I am working with a facility that's IT department has told them assigning the query is the only way to do so. I've talked to some providers who are trying to answer and are having difficulty or "are not getting to basket" because they are so busy.

Anyone who uses EPIC who has a process with the incomplete note, multiple provider access, query part of chart that would be willing to share how they set that up with their EPIC/Clinical informatics department, please contact me.

I appreciate anyone who would be willing to share more on this, or if there is a reason there might be different versions or modules that would prohibit this.

Thank you,
Ann Donnelly, RN,BSN,CCDS
970-319-9850
annnd2009@gmail.com

Comments

• I'd be interested in this info too please

Claudine Hutchinson RN (CDI)
    The Children's Hospital at Saint Francis
    chutchinson@saintfrancis.com

Hi,

I have worked with EPIC before with a system that had the query as an incomplete note and providers could access it in an incomplete notes tab. It was helpful to their flow in not having to go into hospital completion basket- but just to notice questions as they were charting. Any provider could answer. I am working with a facility that's IT department has told them assigning the query is the only way to do so. I've talked to some providers who are trying to answer and are having difficulty or "are not getting to basket" because they are so busy.

Anyone who uses EPIC who has a process with the incomplete note, multiple provider access, query part of chart that would be willing to share how they set that up with their EPIC/Clinical informatics department, please contact me.

I appreciate anyone who would be willing to share more on this, or if there is a reason there might be different versions or modules that would prohibit this.

Thank you,
    Ann Donnelly, RN,BSN,CCDS
    970-319-9850
    annnd2009@gmail.com

• edited April 2016
    We use Epic and place our queries in a "CDI notes" tab, which also show up in the all notes section. The physicians can view our notes (they do not modify or addend them), and are responsible for their documentation reflecting their response. By having our own tab, we can post a query to a chart and not be physician specific. All physicians and other clinical staff can see our note. Our author type is "RN-CDI" so they can also search by author type.

Carlena