CDI Process/Work Flow

Hi,
My name is Debra, I am a newbie working at a large Los Angeles County acute care facility in California. I would like to reach out to anyone who could share some insite on how I can get this pilot CDI program started. If anyone could share some shadowing time, that would be ideal. But, I will take any information I can get to jump-start the program. I am an inpatient coder, turned CDIP, now working for three months. I have book knowledge only and no on-the-job training. I am really excited about this field and to get this project going, but I am desperately seeking help from the experts. So far, I am doing con-current review with (3)other Coders that I have recruited. One day of your time will be all we need. Just reaching out for someone to show us the ropes. Thanks

Comments

• edited April 2016
    If you email me I can give you some help Debra.

Deanne Wilk, BSN, RN, CCDS, CCS
    AHIMA approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer

Clinical Documentation Improvement and Inpatient Coding Manager
    HIMS Department
    Good Samaritan Health System
    4th & Walnut Sts
    Lebanon, PA 17042
    dwilk@gshleb.org

Phone: 717-270-7582
    Cell: 717-580-1436

• You are welcome to email me for assistance. I am happy to aid a worthy cause:)

Thank you,
    Jane Hoyt, BA, BSN, RN, CCDS, CDIP, CPC-H I Director I Clinical Documentation Integrity I SCL Health I Systems &Technology Service Center- HIM Division I 12600 W. Colfax Ave  Suite A-270 Lakewood, CO 80215 I 303-603-9581 I jane.hoyt@sclhs.net

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Thursday, August 6, 2015 5:11 PM
    To: Hoyt, Jane
    Subject: [cdi_talk] CDI Process/Work Flow

Hi,
    My name is Debra, I am a newbie working at a large Los Angeles County acute care facility in California. I would like to reach out to anyone who could share some insite on how I can get this pilot CDI program started. If anyone could share some shadowing time, that would be ideal. But, I will take any information I can get to jump-start the program. I am an inpatient coder, turned CDIP, now working for three months. I have book knowledge only and no on-the-job training. I am really excited about this field and to get this project going, but I am desperately seeking help from the experts. So far, I am doing con-current review with (3)other Coders that I have recruited. One day of your time will be all we need. Just reaching out for someone to show us the ropes. Thanks
    ---
    CDI Talk is offered for networking purposes. For official rules and regulations related to documentation and coding, please refer to your regulatory source.

You are receiving this message as a member of CDI Talk as: jane.hoyt@sclhs.net If you would like to be removed from CDI Talk, please send a blank email to leave-cdi_talk-20060526.3590873aa7adb1bac406a41f20cae6b9@hcprotalk.com
    ---
    Copyright 2013
    HCPro, Inc., 75 Sylvan Street, Danvers MA 01923
  • edited April 2016
    Debra,

I am willing to assist if you give me email me directly.

Mark

MARK LEBLANC, RN, MBA, CCDS
    DIRECTOR CDI SERVICES

952-353-3505
    m.leblanc@thewilshiregroup.net

• edited April 2016
    Debra,

I am in Riverside County. Our program is about 2 years old. We are still
    justifying our existence. Feel free to contact me at
    cprice@co.riverside.ca.us

Cheryl Price, RN
    Riverside County Regional Medical Center