DM, PVD, PAD AND OSTEOMYELITIS

Good morning. I have a patient in with a recent debridement of heel 9/24 for what is being called a chronic ulcer. The patient now presented back originally SSO for ABLA due to his slamming his heel down on his bed resulting in bleed and hematoma. The pt was changed to INPT when it was realized he also has osteomyelitis. I understand in I9 we could make the link with the Osteo and DM, and cannot make that link in I-10.

Does anyone have a query for choices to pose with the question for DM linked to Osteomyelitis? And do I also need to have the provider link the PVD, PAD???

Thanks !

Juli

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Regional Health is an integrated health care system with the purpose of helping patients and communities live well.

Note: The information contained in this message, including any attachments, may be privileged, confidential, or protected from disclosure under state or federal laws . If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the Sender immediately by a "reply to sender only" message and destroy all electronic or paper copies of the communication, including any attachments.

Comments

• You can directly ask if there is a link between the DM and osteo in a yes/no format. That would be my recommendation.

Katy Good, RN, BSN, CCDS, CCS
    Clinical Documentation Program Coordinator
    AHIMA Approved ICD-10CM/PCS Trainer
    Flagstaff Medical Center
    Kathryn.Good@nahealth.com
    Cell: 928.814.9404

• edited April 2016
    You can use this one too:
    A cause and effect relationship may not be assumed and must be documented by a provider.
    Please clarify the relationship, if any, between____________________and______________
    Are the conditions: