Refocusing CDI department

I work for large Academic Teaching Multi-facility Health system, and we are looking to refocus our CDI department from the CC/MCC DRG reimbursement. We were wanting to see what other similar systems are doing and see how you track and trend your data. We were thinking about focusing on SOI/ROM, quality/PSI, etc but wanted to get feedback of what others are doing and the pros and cons. I would love to network with others and see what the trends are with CDI today.

Thank you,

Angela Green RN, CCDS
Manager Clinical Documentation Integrity
Indianapolis, IN
agreen11@iuhealth.org

Comments

• edited April 2016
    When we provided your original CDI program, it was all about patients and doctors and how documentation told the story of the patient. Complications, SOI and ROM put your hospital as number one University hospital in the country for five years. Then you went to DRG focus - and that will always fail. I'd love to take you back to where you were. Methodist had four nurses covering all patients, all services, all beds - because the docs were totally in on the project.

Robert S. Gold, MD
    CEO, DCBA, Inc
    4611 Brierwood Place
    Atlanta, GA 30360
    (770) 216-9691 (Office)
    (404) 580-0204 (Cell)

• I am interesting in knowing what others are doing for their departments.
    Has anyone used or heard of Faircode Associates?

Respectfully,

Angela Clayberg, BA, RN
    Clinical Documentation Improvement Manager
    1201B Sam Perry Blvd., Suite 210
    Fredericksburg, Virginia 22401
    angela.clayberg@MWHC.com
    540-741-4093

• Thank you Dr. Gold, you were here before I worked with the network. We do still look at SOI/ROM for completeness of the chart along with the DRG cc/mcc and are looking at the best way to expand or refocus to keep up with the evolving that has occurred in healthcare and CDI and the best way to track and trend the data. The Director and I are gathering data currently and I will share your offer to assist.

Thank you,

Angela Green RN, CCDS
    Manager Clinical Documentation Integrity
  • edited April 2016
    Wonderful, Angela. We still get number one performance ratings for our clients.

Robert S. Gold, MD
    CEO, DCBA, Inc
    4611 Brierwood Place
    Atlanta, GA 30360
    (770) 216-9691 (Office)
    (404) 580-0204 (Cell)