Clinical Documentation Educator

Does anyone have a role summary/ position detail for a Clinical Documentation Educator that they would be willing to share? I attempted to access information from the main ACDIS website and I am unable to get it to open.

Thank you in advance,

April McClafferty RN, CDS
HIM Dept
Baylor All Saints Medical Center
Fort Worth, TX

april.mcclafferty@baylorhealth.edu

Comments

• edited April 2016
    This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_5f223ee2373387a0d1929d19a477eee1
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

We are aware that the search function on the ACDIS site can be difficult to navigate. We are in the process of migrating to a new web-host and are excited about the forthcoming functionality that we expect to have.
    I recommend visiting the specific section of the ACDIS website--in this case the Forms & Tools Library's job description shelf--and using the control F (find) functionality. This will highlight where your keywords show up on the page.
    That said we do not currently have a sample for the CDI educator role per se. The recent edition of the CDI Journal (which posted Sunday, Nov. 1) does include some sample career ladder options.
    The CDI Educator is becoming a popular career ladder step as evidenced by the attached graphic from our upcoming 2015 Salary Survey. I hope this helps!

Melissa Varnavas, Associate Director
    75 Sylvan Street, Suite A-101
    Danvers, MA 01923
    P 800-650-6787 ext. 3711
    P (direct) 978-624-4580| F 781-639-7857
    www.acdis.org |Mvarnavas@hcpro.com