Contact information for physician to discuss coding rule

I have a physician that would like the national contact information to discuss the meaning of excisional debridement and the coding rules regarding this area. Does anyone know who I can refer him to contact?

Thank you,

Angie Green, RN CCDS
Manager CDI IU Health
317-962-0698

Comments

• edited May 2016
    The American Hospital Association?
  • edited May 2016
    I am assuming you are referring to ICD codes. There will no longer be changes to ICD-9-CM codes.

I don't know of any "national contact" for discussing coding rules. You can submit questions to Coding Clinic (I-10 only) on the AHA website:

http://www.ahacentraloffice.org/

Here is the website that explains the: Process for Requesting New/Revised ICD-10-PCS Procedure Codes

http://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Coding/ICD9ProviderDiagnosticCodes/newrevisedcodes.html

Sharon Salinas, CCS
    Health Information Management
    Barlow Respiratory Hospital
    2000 Stadium Way, Los Angeles CA 90026
    Tel: 213-250-4200 ext 3336
    FAX: 213-202-6490
    ssalinas@barlow2000.org
  • I also suggest corresponding with the AHA as they publish Coding Clinic.

Paul Evans, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P, CCDS

633 Folsom St., 7th Floor, Office 7-044
    San Francisco, CA 94107
    Cell:  415.412.9421

• Angie,
    Is your physician possibly referring to the below coding clinic rule? I'm interested in knowing what exactly about debridements your physician wants to discuss. We also have some physicians that get frustrated that they have to state "excisional or nonexcisional" when documenting their debridements, as this is not inherent to how they document. We are currently trying to get education done on the issue of debridements at our facility and I'm interested in what obstacles you or others are having with this issue.

Thanks,
    Cheree Lueck, RN
    Cheree.Lueck@dhha.org

• edited May 2016
    have a physician that would like the national contact information to discuss the meaning of excisional debridement and the coding rules regarding this area. Does anyone know who I can refer him to contact?

Thank you,

Angie Green, RN CCDS
    Manager CDI IU Health
    317-962-0698