Physician Profile or Scorecard

As I prepare for the CCDS exam and update my knowledge with ACDIS articles, I regularly come across the terms Physician Profile and Physician Scorecard.  I understand how these would be useful in motivating physicians to adopt improved documentation behaviors.  What I don't understand is where to find these profiles or scorecards.  Healthgrades.com has a search function to look at individual providers, but all I see are scores for patient satisfaction.  Are there publicly reported scorecards for physicians that allow a comparison of patient outcomes?
Tagged:

Comments

• The publically available profiling sites (as far as I've seen) don't yet have individual physician quality or outcomes data.  Healthgrades and Physician Compare (CMS) are the two that come to mind.  CMS has been extremely clear they are moving in that direction, but we're still waiting...

Propublica has published risk adjusted complication rates for 8 elective procedures among medicare patients and shows that information by individually named surgeon.

Many hospitals also provide some sort of internally derived phsycician score card -- learning what's included and how the data is developed may also be helpful (in particular zero in on any sort of risk adjusted or CMI adjusted metric).

Don
  • Our CDI Policy recently got approved at the medical staff level and some aspect of CDI will be included on our internal physician scorecard "(OPPE)" that I believe is mandated by JCAHO.
    cari