CDI Competency List; Policy and Procedure Samples; CDI Steering Committees

Does anyone utilize a CDI Steering Committee? If so do they have an official charter for same that I could look at?
Any CDI Competency Lists available out there?
Policy and Procedure samples please?

Thanks,
Donna

Comments

• I hope this isn't too long here:

Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) Program Oversight Committee

Recommended Structure

Goal and objectives of CDI Program Oversight Committee: 
    • Provide an oversight forum for executive leadership to monitor CDI program activities and align with the organization's goals and strategies.
    • Ensure resources are in place to support the CDI program.
    • Review CDI Program metrics, celebrate successes and develop action plans as appropriate.

Recommended Membership:
    • CFO/COO 
    • CMO
    • CNO (if CDSs report to Case Management and Case Management reports to CNO)
    • CDI Physician Champion
    • CDI Director / Manager / Lead
    • HIM Director / Coding Manager

Schedule: 
    • It recommended the CDI Program Oversight Committee meet weekly during an initial implementation.   Monthly or quarterly meetings are appropriate after initial implementation.
    • Another approach to CDI Program Oversight Committee meetings would be to include a CDI Program report as part of an existing executive leadership team agenda on a monthly or quarterly basis in lieu of a creating a separate committee.

Suggested Agenda or Report Items:
    • Review of ACME Health System CDI Program Metrics and local program metrics.
    • Review CDI Financial Benefit Reports
    • Review of program ACME Health CDI Program Standards.
    • Review progress on actions plans related to metric performance.
    • Review progress of CDI Team on ICD-10 training and preparedness.
  • Hi Donna, Not sure if you saw that there was a presentation on this @ the conference this year. I have attached the file in case you haven't seen it.

Hope this helps!

Jeff