Sharing SOI/ROM/GLOS Info with Providers

We use 3M CDI software that shows the patients' SOI, ROM, and GLOS based on the coded data from concurrent reviews. I think it would be beneficial for the providers to know, based on their current documentation, how their patients rate. They could also see how these scores change after responding to a query and updating their documentation. Is there anything unethical or compromising about sharing this information with the providers while their patients are still in their care?

I have done some searching on ACDIS and good old Google regarding this topic, but I haven't found anything. If anyone knows of any articles that address this, I would love for you to share.

Thanks,

Hannah Hagedorn, RN

Comments

• Same question.  Our hospitalists would like the feedback, I just don't know how to give it to them.  I don't have CDS software, so that makes any report challenging!
    cari
  • jmathew@huhosp.org

I don't think there is anything illegal about sharing the GMLOS and SOI/ROM data with the providers and to case managers so they can manage their patients better.  We include this information on our CDI worksheets and revise if necessary upon re-reviews.  We are also working on electronically posting this  information in our EHR system for providers to see it as they log in to document. The source data comes from 3M CDI software.