CDI - CAC Software - Epic users

For Epic users -- which CDI/CAC software product are you using right now?
What do you like?
What do you not like?
If you were choosing a software solution today, would you choose the same product?  Why?

Thank you for your help!

Comments

• I'll be interested in reading the responses as well. We are currently transitioning to EPIC EHR. We currently use Optum CAC/CDI. We have not seen how the final product will impact us yet.  

• 20831846 said:

I'll be interested in reading the responses as well. We are currently transitioning to EPIC EHR. We currently use Optum CAC/CDI. We have not seen how the final product will impact us yet.  

Any update on your experience?  We are keenly interested in Optum's product.
  • We are using Epic since 2011 and 3M CAC since 2014. We decided against using 3M CDI module since by the time we acquired CAC, we were already using a customized Epic product built specifically for our organization. We are now transitioning to Epic CDI module, but it also requires some customization.

We love our original customized tool. Epic built the original version, but then, as our program developed and matured, our IT helped us to expand it and build additional fields, so our reports can capture more information. Unfortunately it became difficult to maintain since our hospital system expanded and includes more campuses than before.

Current Epic CDI software includes some ideas we used to build the customized tool (we were the first client that requested an automated CDI workflow), It is also more generalized, so we are trying to incorporate some changes in order to adjust it to our specific needs. At this point we have not yet transitioned, but did assign some people both on CDI and coding sides to test it. Both teams like the ease of communication though in-basket, however it is not possible to send a query to multiple providers this way. Users did not like the fact that a new comment section has to be opened every time for the follow-up reviews - it makes it difficult to see the full picture at a glance. Users prefer the option to see all comments at once which is available in our current tool, so we are coming up with some process changes. We also incorporated some changes in order to be able to pull all data we are reporting now since original Epic reports do not offer the same level of specificity.

Irina

• 20831846 said:

I'll be interested in reading the responses as well. We are currently transitioning to EPIC EHR. We currently use Optum CAC/CDI. We have not seen how the final product will impact us yet.  

Any update on your experience?  We are keenly interested in Optum's product.

No, We are still in the development phase. Currently working with Optum to get everything transitioned. We did see a demo of the query process. I still have question about that.