CDS AT HOME

I was wondering if anyone has formulated an agreement to be signed for at home CDS 's.  Was also wondering what would need to be  in the agreement to meet NYS reg's. We currently always have one CDS on site at all times  also.

saustin@ah.arnothealth.org

Comments

• Just curious...what's different about NY State regs? Are there additional privacy laws surrounding PHI?
  • As a system we have a telecommuting agreement the CDS have to agree too.  Currently our CDS staff work only one day a week at home. 

Erik J. Kilbo, RHIA, CCS, CPC-I, CCDS, CDIP

• Is this telecommuting agreement  just a generic agreement- or have some specifics listed for CDS  minus confidential aspects that they have already signed?? There is an agreement the coders had to sign as they are now all at home except one day a week. Was thinking I could use their format??

saustin@ah.arnothealth.org 

• We rotate home and office work. One person is at each hospital in our system. The others work from home. This is the best staff satisfier to keep employees. Without this option I probably wouldnt have stayed 15 years in this department. 
  • We have a hospital wide telecommuting policy and agreement - written so that other departments can utilize it as well but covers everything for our CDI RNs.