CDI in the Long Term Care setting

edited September 2019 in CDI Expansion
Has anyone heard of (or had experience with) CDI in the long-term care setting? I do remember talking with an individual about this back about five years ago or so...
Tagged:

Comments

• Several years ago I was a director of nursing in a SNF.  I used to have to complete the MDS.  A lot of times I think those CDI would go by the title of MDS coordinator, or at least that was my experience years ago

• I do not know of any CDIs in the long term care area. Now that they are going to a PDPM payment methodology in October, I have been contacted by our LTC Administrator for discussion of CDI in his facilities. Any resources for CDI in the LTC area would be appreciated.
  • Have there been any materials developed now for CDI in long-term settings? It's been several months since this post was first sent out. The only thing I'm finding on ACDIS is the presentation from the 2018 annual conference. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • Great presentation yesterday on the ACDIS Virtual Curtain Call education. I would love to hear other's journeys with this process.

• Hi Everyone,

In late 2019 to early 2020, I helped develop a SNF CDI program for a large health-care system with multiple SNF's. I also presented a CDI Expansion into SNF presentation at Indiana ACDIS in 2021 and later at Ohio AHIMA (don't recall the exact date). These were virtual State Conferences. If you would like to learn more about the PDPM model and expansion of CDI, please reach out to me.

Thank you,

John Worthy, RN, CCDS

Director of Clinical Operations

STAR medical auditing

jworthy@starauditing.com