HIM Professionals and JATA Certification

Hi, I am an RHIA and also I am JATA-Certified, passing their Clinical Screening Exam.  I am curious if there are other HIM professionals working in JATA/Nuance Shops that also passed their exam and obtained the certification in addition to those with whom I work.

Thanks, Paul Evans, RHIA, CCDS

Comments

• Hello Paul,

We also use Jata/Nuance. We implemented in 2012.  A couple years after implementation we took a follow up competency,but it wasn't referred to as a Clinical Screening Exam.  But that was pre-Nuance days. Maybe this is something new?

Betty 

• On phone.  Referring to a clinical exam mandatory to pass in order to work as a CDS
  • Yes, we had to take an exam and pass with a certain percentage in order to be considered for the position.
  • Yes, we require all applicants to pass the Clinical Competency Assessment prior to being interviewed for CDS , probably since about 2008 - 2010.
  • Paul - I know this is off topic, but I am wondering if you are using 'Guide' software or are you using the CDI One product? 
    We found out late last year that they are sunsetting Guide in July so are trying to decide which product to go with - CDI One vs CDI Collaborate - a 3-M product.
    Thank you,
    Betty
  • Hi.  We use the Nuance product.   Clintegrity
  • We transitioned from Guide to CDE-One.
  • Hi, I can't find any information on this JATA exam. Can anyone provide some links? Thanks.
  • It is a Nuance proprietary Clinical Competency Assessment (CCA) which they encourage their clients to use during the application process.  When we have an applicant we have to send a request to Nuance for the person to take the assessment.  Nuance will send us a user name, password, and link for the applicant to take the assessment.  The applicant comes to our facility so that we can proctor.  Once the on-line assessment is completed we will receive an email with their score.  You must make at least a 70% on the CCA to advance to an interview.  The CCA is our first step in the hiring process.  The CCA is only available to the candidate taking the exam.  We do not have any copies of the assessment.  The CCA is routinely updated
  • That makes sense Sharon, we do no use Nuance which explains why I didn't know about it!