Queries from CDI Physician Advisors

Hello all,

I'm looking for articles, books or other information related to the topic of query compliance for physician advisors. Specifically whether physicians in the advisor role for CDI are held to the same query compliance limitations that CDI nurses are held to. I'd appreciate any links or direction so that I can accumulate information to share internally with our teams.

Thank in advance for your help,

Deanna

Comments

• You may want to review AHIMA “Guidelines for Achieving a Compliant Query Practice (2019 Update)

And the short answer is ‘yes’...a query is a query and the same standards apply to all. 

Enjoy the journey.

Paul Evans, RHIA, CCDS
  • Thanks Paul. That's the only solid info I have right now. I know the answer- I just need material to back it up. Thanks!! :-)

Deanna BSN, MBA, CCDS
  • Understood..this statement from AHIMA is regarded as ‘the’ authoritative source regarding query practice.  I am not aware that any other source document offers any other avenue for query practice.  Personally, I have ‘heard’ from individuals and some organizations that seem to believe that CDI may query in a different manner based on background or training, but this is clearly not the case.

Best.  Paul