CDI productivity/query impact

Looking to see if anyone can share their productivity numbers for initial reviews, re reviews and queries and how firm do you hold to your number? 

Also, how do you (or do you) track your query impact for CDI? Do you look at dollar, SOI, ROM etc? Is it manual tracking, done in your system? 

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi Jessica,

For my facility, the CDISs have to do 12 - 16 charts daily: 10 initials and 2 or more follow ups. The follow ups are always more, but because of the complexity of the patients, a range of 2 - >= 6 is expected. For the queries, I expect about a >= 40% query rate per industry standard. But, for my facility, we have a lot more query opportunities because we are increasing quality (SOI/ROM), not just CC/MCC. So our expected query rate is much higher. However, what I check are the total number of expected queries vs total number of actual queries. For expected queries, I have CDISs dedicated to auditing CDI charts to determine number of expected queries. So I hold the CDISs accountable for the difference if any. This audit is time-consuming, so I do 100 chart samples per CDI monthly.

For tracking, we use 3M 360 Encompass software for CDI, so I am able to run a lot of analytics to track query impact. However, I don't track query impact for each person. I run the report for the whole department over a period. We do look at dollar effect, but more importantly the SOI, ROM and CMI.