RE: Telecommuting for CDI -- CAC/CDI software & CDI Efficiency comment

I am not sure it has been formally announced yet ...
Certainly will be reaching out (once the decision is announced) for other's experiences with the CDI software side of it, since that has been out in production (for this vendor).

I am eager to hear how (or if) other's have been able to leverage CDI software (either alone or in combination with CAC) to increase both efficiency and effectiveness -- see below for the current data on this

Currently, based on the 2012 ACDIS survey averages --
If a CDS reviews 100 cases:
Query rate 18%: 18 cases
Response rate 87%: 15.7 cases
Agree rate 88%: 13.8 cases achieving an impact
(however that impact might be measured -- the survey didn't measure that part)

There are certainly programs with different numbers, plug in your own data to see what this delivers (my data is 15 cases overall, but actually we see 9 cases with financial impact -- the rest of our queries are for non-financial gains for conditions captured, ROM/SOI, specificity, etc.)

Doesn't seem to be nearly as effective as could be -- sometimes feels a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack.

Don

Comments

• Don,

Are you talking about the Nuance/JATA CAC/CDI software which will be implemented in Jan. 2014?

Sharon

Sharon Cooper, RN-BC, CCS, CCDS, CDIP
    AHIMA-Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer/Ambassador

Owensboro Health Regional Hospital
    Manager Clinical Documentation/Appeals/MDS/PPS
    P.O. Box 20007
    Owensboro, KY 42304-0007
    (270) 688-1277 Office
    (270) 316-9088 Cell
    (270) 688-2737 Fax
    sharon.cooper@owensborohealth.org

TEAM = Together Everyone Accomplishes More!
  • Don, where is te 2012 ACDIS survey you are referring to in the attached email. I cannot locate this on the website and my director has just asked me for this information.

Thanks for your help,

Debby

Deborah A Dallen,RN, CCDS
    Albert Einstein Medical Center
    Phila PA 19141
    Clinical Documentation Coordinator
    Health Information Management
    215-456-8902
  • My error -- I was referencing the 2010 Query Benchmarking Survey.
    That's the most recent survey released & can be found under the ACDIS Journal web page -- Jan 2011.

The survey for 2013 just started this month (not sure if it's closed yet or not).

Don