physiologic jaundice with HISTORY of ABO incompatibility

A coder and I are having an issue with this so I am looking for any assistance on whether I need to query or not~ Have a baby admitted at 6 days old- attendings documenting: physiologic jaundice and possible breast milk jaundice with hx of ABO incompatibility (Mom O+, baby A+). No anemia on admit, retic count at PCP pending. Normal direct bili.
Discharged home on 5/29 with bili blanket and bili of 11.1. Was not taken off of blanket much. On 5/30 TSB was 14.8. Today was 20.3 at PCP office and patient was admitted for phototherapy.

Would you query to clarify the "history" ABO incompatibility to see if any impact on current jaundice? As is this is DRG 795. Should it be 794 (with query)???
Thanks for any insight, advice, guidance!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Saint Francis Health System intends this email only for the use of the person to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this email in error, you are hereby notified that we do not consent to any reading, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this email and request you notify the sender immediately and destroy this transmission. Violators may be prosecuted under Federal law.

Comments

• edited April 2016
    Thanks Jeff~ I sent a query yesterday so we will see. :)
    Hope all is well with you.

Claudine Hutchinson RN (CDI)
  • edited April 2016
    Will do Jeff

Claudine Hutchinson RN (CDI)