Cerner queries

Is anyone willing to share how they are sending queries using Cerner? I saw some emails that talked about using a Power note. Does this have to be built separately in Cerner? We would like an alternative to just dumping them into the Message Center. Thanks in advance!!

Amber L. Feighner RN MSN CCDS
Clinical Documentation Improvement Analyst
Blanchard Valley Health System
1900 South Main Street
Findlay, Ohio 45840
419-425-5787

Comments

• We use PowerNote. Our IT team set up the process for us. We have pre-built templates that we use in PowerNote. We complete them and then send them electronically to the provider. It goes to their message center. The advantage at this point as opposed to the regular Cerner process is that at that point it remains in the message center until they respond. They cannot just click through and sign without a response. We developed this process several years ago and at that point the big frustration with MessageCenter was that they could sign without a response. I am not sure if this is still true?
    We can also include options in the required fields for the physicians so that they are prompted with appropriate options (if they chose 'other' they get a free-text box)

I do not know much about the IT side but I can point you in the direction of our IT person if needed.

Katy Good, RN, BSN, CCDS, CCS
    Clinical Documentation Program Coordinator
    AHIMA Approved ICD-10CM/PCS Trainer
    Flagstaff Medical Center
    Kathryn.Good@nahealth.com
    Cell: 928.814.9404

• We use the Message Center, however we check "1 min" on "due on" which brings the email to the top of the page in red; making it overdue.
    Not sure that helps.