Building query templates in EHR

We are looking at building our queries into our Provider Documentation application (PDOC). We are a meditech 5.67 hospital. Does anyone have any templates ideas to share to get us started? Any and all advise is welcome! Amber
Tagged:

Comments

• I sent you our process but I don't think I sent you any template samples.  If you need a few samples of those, please let me know.  Also, did I sent you step by step how to enter a template? 
  • I am also interested in query templates for Meditech. Thanks
  • You are very welcome, Amber.  I had previously shared this information with someone else with a similar email address and thought it was you but wasn't!  Hope it helps.  I fought with Meditech on the process initially but we finally got it completed and glad we did it this way.  If you have coders who query, the PDOC process may work a little better for you but it was cumbersome from our standpoint and we couldn't enter our templates that way and edit them ourselves on the fly.  Good luck and if you need anything further or just need to vent, let me know!  Lol
  • April 
    Question related to your template and use of queries by both Coders and CDI staff.  On your templates do you have a statement that addresses response to the query and then it becoming a permanent part of the medical record?  Do your Coders and CDI us similar queries, each augmented for different  role?
    Would appreciate your feedback.
    Thanks.

• Question regarding query template

Can we include topic of the query in query template,if the documentation of the diagnosis is in one of the consultant notes.

Thank You

• We have very few that have the diagnosis in the query template.   A couple that come to mind for us are the CHF template and the Encephalopathy template.  Usually, those are documented, just not what type.  Then we have the respiratory and renal templates with general wording such as "can you provide further clarification on the patient's renal/respiratory status".  We can edit our templates to meet the immediate need as we enter the query so we are careful to remove diagnoses if not already documented if needed. IF the diagnosis is already documented in the body of the record, we will leave it in the template, remove it if not.
  • Thank You for clarification

• afloyd24 said:
    You are very welcome, Amber.  I had previously shared this information with someone else with a similar email address and thought it was you but wasn't!  Hope it helps.  I fought with Meditech on the process initially but we finally got it completed and glad we did it this way.  If you have coders who query, the PDOC process may work a little better for you but it was cumbersome from our standpoint and we couldn't enter our templates that way and edit them ourselves on the fly.  Good luck and if you need anything further or just need to vent, let me know!  Lol

Thanks for help I am also interested in query templates for meditech .Can you please share .

Raminder95@yahoo.com