Cerner/JAThomas

Hi All,

We have a demo next week. We currently send queries via PowerNote but use a separate system (MIDAS) for worklists and such.

If you are currently utilizing Cerner with JA Thomas I would love to hear the pros and cons.

Thanks so much,

Katy 

Comments

• Katy, I have a contact for you who did the Beta testing for the embedded CDI product. I'll email her contact info to you. She loves it & did a poster @ last years conference.
  • Hi Kathy, would love to hear more about the process of using powernote to send your queries. Are your queries a permanent part of the medical record?

Valerie

• Hi Valerie,

Yes, they are a part of the permanent record. We built the templates in PowerNote. They are sent via MessageCenter. We included mandatory fields for the response so that providers must answer (they can not just sign) for it to leave their inbox.

The exact details of the build are beyond me, out IT support worked with our Cerner rep to develop the process 5 years ago.

If you have additional questions, just let me know :)

• Hi Valerie,

Yes, they are a part of the permanent record. We built the templates in PowerNote. They are sent via MessageCenter. We included mandatory fields for the response so that providers must answer (they can not just sign) for it to leave their inbox.

The exact details of the build are beyond me, out IT support worked with our Cerner rep to develop the process 5 years ago.

What facility do you work at Kathryn?
  • Hi Valerie,

What facility do you work at Kathryn?

Hi Kathryn

What facility do you work at?

• Flagstaff Medical Center/Northern Arizona Healthcare