AHIMA CEUs for ACDIS conferences for coders and CDIPs

At the last chapter leadership conference call, we discussed the cost of approved AHIMA CEUs for coders and CDIPs to receive at our ACDIS conferences.  I was hoping we would have time for follow up conversation. I am not sure who did or did not know this information of the annual cost of being a licensed organization is $250 with an additional $125 for 5CEUs (or less) for each conference during the licensed year.  I am requesting feedback from you all regarding this topic.  Please respond to the following questions:
1) What ACDIS state organizations co-sponsor with the state AHIMA organization to provide a joint conference?  If you do, how does the CEU prior approval from the co-sponsors?
2)  What ACDIS state organizations think the cost for prior approved CEUs can be absorbed in registration fees.
3)  What ACDIS state organizations do not or do not have plans to provide prior approved AHIMA CEUs for those who attend the conference?
I am also thinking about CCDS members who also have an AHIMA credential as well. 
I want to be judicious but also forward thinking on this matter.  Any feedback will be beneficial. 
Thank you,
Molly Siebert, RHIA, CCDS
ACDIS NW (Oregon)

Tagged: