Identifiers on queries

Hello,

Is there any published recommendations for using or not using bold/italic print or underlining on a physician query?

Comments

• Hi,

I think the guideline on  leading queries kind of covers that.  If the bold/italic or underlining is meant to influence the MD to respond in a certain way, it crosses the line, in my opinion.

Laura

• Thank you Laura, and I agree. I was hoping to find something published or recommended specifically regarding the use of these items on a query that I could use to support this statement. I have found several items pertaining to leading queries which I have quoted.

Charlene 
  • I will keep my eyes open for anything that specifically mentions bold/italic words or underling and let you know if I find any.
  • That would be wonderful. Thank you so much Laura.
  • There is published information for this in the Guidelines for Achieving a Compliant Query Practice (2022 Update), noted on page 11 which states: "A query should not direct (lead) the provider to document a specific response (e.g., highlighting, bolding, underlining, italics, using a yes/no format to obtain a new diagnosis)."