3M 360 Encompass CDI Prioritization Worklist

Has anybody starting using the new CDI Prioritization Worklist in 3M 360?  We just had installed with our upgrade.  I'm interested in your opinion of the product and if you customized the worklist.  I'm finding that every discharged chart with an open query (coding or CDI) populates the worklist and it makes it unusable (too busy) for CDI.  Just wondering if anyone had the same issue and how they fixed it.  I know I will have to put in a ticket with 3M but at this point it's going to be trial and error to see what makes these cases disappear or become less of a priority.  If someone has already experienced this and come up with an answer that would help.  Thanks

Comments

• We haven't turned on the lists yet...I am interested to see what you chose as your focus for prioritization and what the steps are. Would love to hear from others who are utilizing this function.

Thanks, Jeff

jwmorris@health.southalabama.edu

• They turned it on during implementation of our upgrade.  It was so new, the 3M IT person on our project had not seen it before.  There seems to be multiple layers of installation that they had to go through. I couldn't even talk you through it.  I used Medical Case without cc/mcc, consider alternate diagnosis, surgical case without cc/mcc, symptom diagnosis, query status unanswered, focus DRG (but I have not entered the specific DRG's I want included).  Then you assign each item a priority number. So you can make an unanswered query more important than a symptom diagnosis.    It uses these numbers to prioritized the list .I just used whatever number values 3M suggested.  I would love to go into the set up and get rid of query status unanswered or lower the priority number assigned so these discharged cases don't clog up the CDI list.  When they described the list, it was not what I envisioned it would look like. 
  • Yes, That's weird that the unanswered queries show up on the list and not in discharged and pending. I will definitely have to do a lot of research before we turn it on. How do you like the autosuggested PDX/DRG feature?
  • The Prioritization List is a culmination of Ready, Scheduled for Today, Queries Pending, Scheduled for Later and Discharged and Pending for each unit and prioritizes all of them into one list.  I don't know if my staff like the autosuggested PDX.  I don't even know if they look at it right now.  Work in progress to show them all the features. 
  • The set up is pretty complex.  We have a dedicated Data Analyst for our department and she worked with IT on the set up.  Our CDI Priority is a column located in the various areas of each swim lane.  It does appear under DC/Pending, but we just sort by it on our "scheduled for today" if that makes sense.  You can set it up however you like but we decided to just go with 3M's recommendation as it seemed to make the most sense.  First is "Consider alternate DRG" then "medical cases without cc/mcc", etc.  We actually did a PI project around this last year when we first got it up and running.  We tracked productivity for the team members who had been on the team for one year or less at that point.  We got positive feedback from the team and were able to demonstrate an increase in productivity as well.  We find it helpful for prioritizing re-reviews.