New CCDS exam

Has anyone taken the CCDS examination since they modified it and do not provide score immediately? I am curious about the questions vs the study guide with the new changes. Thanks.

Comments

• edited September 2018
    When did the exam get modified?  I was not aware there is now a wait for results.  Is there a place on the ACDIS website about this? I’m planning on taking the exam in the near future.
  • edited September 2018

Has anyone taken the CCDS examination since they modified it and do not provide score immediately? I am curious about the questions vs the study guide with the new changes. Thanks.

When did the exam get modified?  I was not aware there is now a wait for results.  Is there a place on the ACDIS website about this? I’m planning on taking the exam in the near future.

CCDS update: Onsite exam scoring resumed

August 23, 2018 CDI Strategies - Volume 12, Issue 37

By Penny Richards

Live onsite scoring for the CCDS exam began again last Monday, August 13. This is welcome news for those waiting—whether patiently for exam results or to schedule their credentialing test until onsite scoring became available.

The exam was recently updated to reflect guideline changes. Fifteen percent of the questions were changed from the previous version of the exam.

Based on statistical analysis applied to the results of those taking the updated exam, the CCDS Exam Committee and PSI/AMP, the company which administers the exam, established 88 as the passing grade. This means candidates must get 88 of the 120 scored questions correct in order to pass the test, and that translates to a passing percent of 73%.

The CCDS Exam Study Guide includes a practice test to help you get a feel for the actual exam and is one of two approved exam preparation resources. The CCDS Exam Prep Boot Camp is designed to assist candidates who meet exam eligibility requirements get ready for their exam. Regular CDI Boot Camps are not designed as exam prep classes, even though they are extremely valuable for foundational knowledge.

As always, feel free to drop me a note if you have questions. If you’re ready to explore certification, visit the web site to learn everything you need to know about eligibility requirements and how to apply.

Editor’s note: Richards is the CCDS Coordinator at ACDIS. Contact her at prichards@acdis.org.