OB CDI

Hi, just wondering how many of you have expanded your CDI program to OB area? We are in the beginning stages but had developed some building stones such as OB queries, OB diagnosis definitions, plans to review 'high risk OB patients.' There is still so much to learn, so I wanted to see if anyone is interested in connecting, sharing query opportunities, PDX sequencing, data and etc. If so, please reach out to me =)

Olga

olga.desiatkin@pvhmc.org

Tagged:

Comments

• I am Deb Stroud RN CDI for the OB program at the now named Northern Lights Health Eastern Maine Medical Center. I have worked with OB since 11/2018 so I am also new at this. I would love to network and share. Please email me and I can provide you with my phone number.

dstroud@emhs.org

dstroud@northernlight.org 

• We do OB charts as well.  I would love to network also!

Meghan Schwieterman

Meghan.schwieterman@waynehealthcare.org

• Hello, my system is also pursuing reviewing OB medical records. I would love to be included in this network.

Jeanne Johnson

jcjohnson@premierhealth.com

• We do not concurrently review OB medical records but work extensively with our OB providers both in and outpatient to capture diagnoses that impact risk capture and DRG assignment.  I would also like to be included in this network.  Thank you -- AnneMarie Vannurden (vannurdena@centracare.com)
  • Hi Olga,
    My hospital has been reviewing OB for two years. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
    Julian
    julian.everett@orlandohealth.com
  • HI, I am seeking help with a few questions on CDI review for OB. I am starting an audit of the new vaginal delivery triplet (807,806,805) at the request of the W &C service line for the purpose to share education on documentation opportunities. Our department does not review OB so I am excited for the opportunity to expand. I have reached out to my coding partners as well have reviewed OCG, CC and education on ACDIS but I would also appreciate advice from fellow CDI.

Julie Geiger

Julie.Geiger@Parkview.com

• Count me in as well!  My organization just started reviewing OB cases.  We a low volume and great support within our system, but nice to see what others are doing.  I'd appreciate being included!

Karen.schaefer@stjoe.org