Hi I have a question re: coding of rhabdomyolysis. We see two scenerios at our hospital. One is the patient that falls and is on the floor for an exteded period of time and the other is individuals that get it from lifting weights or excessive exercise. The coder are taking it to traumatic rhabdo but from what we read traumatic is more related to crush type injuries. Any thoughts would be appreciated. 
CDI thoughts were that the prolonged immobilization went to traumatic T796 but the excercise induced went to M6282. 

Sign In or Register to comment.