CDI Week 2019 Giveaway: Recognize your CDI superheroes!

edited September 2019 in General

With CDI Week 2019 right around the corner, we’d like to spend some time celebrating our CDI heroes. Tag the superheroes in your life in this thread and share the love! Next week, we’ll draw a name and send both you AND your superhero a free ACDIS book! Here’s how to play:

1. Tag your CDI superhero below in the comments to share the love.
2. Fill out this survey with your contact info: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CDI-week-2019-book

We’ll announce the winner next Friday afternoon!

Good luck and happy CDI Week 2019!

Comments

• My CDI Superhero as stated on the ACDIS blog post is the Bodacious Barb Odegaard, RN, CCDS, at Essentia Health! Why? Because she is the best, most steadfast, sweet, and knowledgeable co-worker/friend!
  • @ellen.jantzer@asante.org

Ellen Jantzer with Asante is definitely a superhero! She has grown me up from a CDI baby to a supervisor, and I couldn't have survived without her.

• My CDI superhero is Betty Bogda from Morris Hospital! I am new to the CDI role, and Betty has been incredibly patient with me and I have learned so much from her! Betty is a fantastic person and role model, highly respected by staff and physicians, and is extremely knowledgeable. I could not have asked for a better person to learn from! Thank you Betty I appreciate all you do!
  • My CDI Superhero is NC ACDIS's President - Sandra Love .  She is also the outpatient clinical documentation excellence coding analyst at Wake Forest Baptist Health (WFH) in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. In 2012 Sandra helped develop a Pediatric CDI program for Brenner Children’s Hospital at Wake Forest Baptist Health. Sandra became an assertive coordinator, educator, and team leader for both the inpatient and outpatient clinical documentation excellence team from 2015-2019. As the current president of North Carolina ACDIS, she has spoken at numerous meetings, presentations, and educational activities, most recently the 2018 ACDIS Conference and 2018 Outpatient ACDIS Symposium. She has extensive leadership experience in program development, expansion, which are alignment with ACDIS and NC ACDIS goals.  Thanks Sandra for all you do !
  • My superheroes are Shannon Champion, Luci Hilton and Elisa Sninchak...they are incredibly passionate, knowledgeable and collaborative leaders/educator, that work seamlessly together to support our entire team and organization to achieve our goals, as we continue to move the dial forward for Clinical Documentation Excellence in rapidly changing environment with competing priorities.  A big thank you to each of them and I'm so blessed be on this journey with them!
  • My CDI superheroes are my staff- Amy Green, Genna Nave, and Missy Hensley. They continually make me look good for senior leadership by consistently increasing the revenue stream as well as improving our quality ratings by asking as many questions for money as for SOI/ROM only. A huge thank you to them for all their hard work at BRMC.