10 hour days

Is there anyone out there that has done 10 hour days for CDI staffing?  I have staff that are interested in 10 hour days.  If you do or have done 10 hours days, did you have a hybrid staff (some doing 10 hours and some doing 8 hours)?  Did you include weekend coverage for those working 10 hour days?  Any tips are welcome.  I want to hear the good and bad. 

Comments

• We have discussed 10 hour days but have never implemented because my group agrees that reviewing charts for 10 hours would be a very, very long day.  I have just never had enough actual interest on my team to make the scheduling effort worth it. 

• When I came to the facility, 3 individuals were working 10 hour days.  It does complicate scheduling meetings, training, etc., however, for our group it has and is working well.  We do not work weekends, however, yes, on Monday you are responsible for the weekend admission.  The others do work 8 hours days, so it's a nice mix of 8 hour and 10 hour days.  
  • We have discussed 10 hour days but have never implemented because my group agrees that reviewing charts for 10 hours would be a very, very long day.  I have just never had enough actual interest on my team to make the scheduling effort worth it. 

My team is also interested in 10 hour days and doing some remote work. Does anyone have any input concerning a hybrid schedule consisting of 10hr work days? My thoughts are 3 days at the office and 1 day of remote work.

My team is also interested in 10 hour days and doing some remote work. Does anyone have any input concerning a hybrid schedule consisting of 10hr work days? My thoughts are 3 days at the office and 1 day of remote work.
    If we move to 10 hours days as an option, it would consist of 1 remote day and 3 onsite days.  We are also thinking about adding the remote day as a weekend day to help with weekend coverage. 
  • The remote day as a weekend day is a great idea. Mondays are always so challenging without that weekend coverage.
  • edited February 2020
    It could work, but would be a really long day in my opinion.  But why not?  I allow my team to flex schedule, meaning more hours earlier in the week when reviews are backed up from the weekend and leaving earlier on Friday.  I do one day remote a week for those who work primarily onsite.  I do have two remote only CDI.