ACDIS Conference_Problem List

ACDIS Conference 2018 there was a session called "Some Assembly Required: Building an Outpatient CDI Program"

During the session they discussed a policy they have for CDI, and I believe Care Coordination, to update the Problem List in Epic. I have been tasked to write up a recommendation to "clean up and manage" the problem list in Epic. I was going to reach out to the presenter, but do not have an email address for her.

Has anyone else implemented a similar process? Currently the providers are responsible with "cleaning up" the Problem List, but many are ignoring and it has become a nightmare because they are adding to their Discharge Summaries and we are having some outside coders code from the Problem List. We would like the CDI team and our Care Coordinator to manage duplicates, acute issues (no longer acute) and diagnoses without a specificity....

Any information anyone has regarding your process with the Problem List in Epic would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Hi Rebekah.Wood1,

Dr. Robert Erickson and I presented at ACDIS 2018, feel free to email me and I will be happy to answer your questions. 

Thanks, Tracy Boldt RN BSN CCDS CDIP

tracy.boldt@essentiahealth.org

• edited October 2021

Hi Rebekah and Tracy,

My organization is also looking into best practice for accomplishing the "Problem List Clean Up." I would appreciate any feedback you guys may have on this topic if you're still involved in it.

My e-mail is nrodrigue@intermed.com

Thank you!

Nicole Rodrigue, RN, BSN, CRC CDIS

• Hello- I am also in search of a good policy/procedure. Thank you. Alison.White@cvmc.org.