Query auditing

I have some people on the team that write really good queries and then I have others who need a little extra encouragement.

I am new to the management role of this department, although I did work in this department prior to being promoted so I am looking for huge ways to improve process and growth of the team.

One thing I am looking at is auditing queries.

Does anyone do query audits? I audit the query when I review target diagnosis, but I am looking for suggestions on an official query audit?

Thanks in advance,

Tracy

Comments

• Tracy,

We use this audit tool adapted from what was shared previously. I try to do 10 record reviews each quarter per CDI nurse. (I include 5 with queries and 5 without.)

The ten cases are obtained through a report ran in 3M on record reviews by CDI.

I hope this is helpful.

Laura

Laura Samson, RN, BSN, CCDS

lsamson@stph.org

• Thank you, Laura,

This is similar to what I have been doing so I am glad I am on the right track.

I guess I could make some adjustments in how I am doing the audits. I have been auditing more frequently based on further issues I have found with certain CDS struggles.

Tracy Gapinski, BSN, RN, CCDS

tmgapinski@comhs.org

• Hi Tracy,

I am just finishing publishing my query compliance audit tool. The data itself is based off the query practice brief. With the help of my analysis department, I was able to transfer my comments and data into a Power BI dashboard. I drew inspiration from a previous ACDIS presentation called "Auditing Your Staff for Performance Improvement: Tips to Manage Underperformers"

It's a tech heavy process but worth it. If you have any questions or want to talk please don't hesitate to reach out.

Keri Miller

CDI Manager University of Miami

kxm1473@miami.edu