CDIP

Any suggestions on study material/course to prepare for CDIP?

Comments

• Klhyatt17 said:
    Any suggestions on study material/course to prepare for CDIP?

Have you any response for taking CDIP,  I am interested in obtaining CDIP, I attempted ACDIS but due to our organization structure, I do not have exp with data interpretation review. I felt the ACDIS exam was heavy on mgmt. focus.  My results of exam confirmed my lack of experience was in in analysis portion.

• No one responded. I still trying to determine what resources I should use to study
  • You might want to try the ahima forum since it's their exam? Could be some good info there.. 
  • i have taken both certifications, I found CCDS to be more of a focus on CDI function, clinical knowledge and coding and query compliance. I found the CDIP to be more related to medical record management issues and HIM focus. As a disclaimer it was several years ago that I sat for the CDIP and their exam may have changed. 
  • i have taken both certifications, I found CCDS to be more of a focus on CDI function, clinical knowledge and coding and query compliance. I found the CDIP to be more related to medical record management issues and HIM focus. As a disclaimer it was several years ago that I sat for the CDIP and their exam may have changed. 
    I heard similar feedback recently from a colleague who has CDIP certification and is now preparing to take the CCDS exam.

I agree 100%.  I found the CCDS was more clinical and the CDIP was more administrative in nature.  For example there were more pharmaceutical questions on the CCDS and more medical record policy type questions on the CDIP.  I did quite a bit better on the CDIP than the CCDS which made sense as I was a Coder & HIM Manager.  I've spoken to RNs who took both and they found the CCDS easier.  Good luck to you.

Erik Kilbo, CCS, CCS-P, CPC-I, CCDS, CDIP