3M 360 in conjunction with Cerner/Powerchart

If anyone uses 3M 360 to directly send queries to providers via Cerner/powerchart, please let me know how you are doing it. I have inquired of several people but I am either not asking the right question or not asking the right person. It seems there must be a way to send the physician a "notification/message" that a query exists. In our organization, office nurses use message center to communicate with the provider within the office setting but not on the inpatient side. I have also raised the question of using the sticky note function but so far physician's oppose this option. Ideas, suggestions would be much appreciated.

Comments

• we don't have 3M 360 so I don't know if this is helpful, but....  We send E-queries via Cerner using PowerChart. We have many pre-existing templates. We have it set up so there are required fields on the queries so the provider cannot just sign without actually answering (this was a problem before we included the required fields). The provider gets a note in MessageCenter when a query is placed.

katy

• Katy - We just went live with Cerner and CDIS/R2.  Would you be open to a brief webex to walk me through the development of required fields in a query?  I asked about it months ago and no one here knew how to do it.  :-)
    If so, email me at beth.wolf@rsfh.com. 
    Thanks in advance for your time.
    Beth Wolf, MD 843-209-7513
  • eeeek! We do not actually do this ourselves, our IT team does. We design the templates and they build them. Then we can use and modify as needed. But I could definitely but you in touch with the person that does?
  • Katy - A contact on the IT team would be great.  If you could send me some screen shots and a bit of a description of the workflow as well, it would be much appreciated.
    Beth
  • Katy-- We are having the same issues at our facility of physician's just signing the queries without responding.  Currently, we create the queries in 3M, copy and paste them into a note in PowerChart, and the provider's get a message in their Message Center for them to complete the query.  I am wondering what exactly your e-queries consist of in PowerChart.  Please feel free to contact me via email.  My email is srboes@bvhealthsystem.org.  Thanks!

Sydney Boes, RHIA, CCS
  • our organization is moving to 3m 360 and meditech. Is anyone using this product yet. If so are you willing to share how it is working for you.

Thank you,

Eva

• We currently have 3m360 and Meditech, but decided to use Artifact Health to send queries.  It has worked well for both CDI and Coding!
  • Thanks!
  • spiecha said:
    Katy-- We are having the same issues at our facility of physician's just signing the queries without responding.  Currently, we create the queries in 3M, copy and paste them into a note in PowerChart, and the provider's get a message in their Message Center for them to complete the query.  I am wondering what exactly your e-queries consist of in PowerChart.  Please feel free to contact me via email.  My email is srboes@bvhealthsystem.org.  Thanks!

Sydney Boes, RHIA, CCS

this is how we do it as well, did you ever get an answer on how they send e-queries?  if so< could you share with me?   kelly.clemens@stlukeshospital.com
  • Hello Katy,  We use Meditech and our company has added a hard stop so the doctors have to either update the problem list or type a diagnosis in the additional comments.