Recognize CDI for their efforts

Hello CDI members, I was wondering if any of you had a recognition program for your CDI staff that you are willing to share, to maintain moral and show your appreciation.

Comments

• If I was one of your staff, the way I would want to be recognized for my outstanding performance will be to give me a platform so that I can teach clinical documentation strategies to the physicians. That will be far more important to me than any award or monetary gifts. It validates that you trust me to represent the department and you value my knowledge. Off course I will take the gift card too :smile:
  • I like the way you think, Adebosipo.   Other ways to recognize could be purchase of training materials for staff, sponsor ship of off site or onsite seminars,  funding of dues for Professional Organizations.   Or, even just taking the team to lunch a few times a year?

• I was wondering if there are any updated ideas for a recognition program for your CDI staff or a specific metric being looked at as part of the recognition program.

• We are working to set up a leveling position for staff who are making metrics, have two years experiment, great references for hard work, and have certification. It would mean a promotion as well as recognizing their talents through merit. Each level position would have additional tasks beyond productivity (onboarding. staff education, auditing, KPI monitoring, etc.). Plus, the help will offer me some breathing room :-)

• Here are some things we do:

quarterly lunches, certificates of appreciation for PSI true saves, appreciation awards plaques I order online for special projects, volunteer in the community together once a year, celebrate birthdays and service anniversaries in huddle, I make a slide show of pictures and achievements for "big" service anniversaries (5, 10, 15, 20 years). I also send any special recognitions or news to my director, so she can acknowledge the person as well, whether its a thank you card to their home or just a quick DM congratulating the on a new home or a new grandbaby, those life events are nice to acknowledge and meaningful to the coworker. Of course during difficult times in life we pray for coworkers, send sympathy cards, and send flowers to funeral services. We invite out retired team members to events at times too so it feels like we are still a connected team as individuals and not just coworkers.

Good luck, I hope you get lots of great ideas for your team. Appreciate your posting this so I can read through them too! Sincerely, Kate Siemens